Do you think that people do not read the questions before they answer.

So often the question is not answered. People give answers that do not fit the question. Is it a matter people just want to share and do not care that the answer does not fit the question. Do you feel frustrated and try to let the group know that they have missed the point of the question. This has happened to me a couple of times lately.

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 6:42 AM on Sep. 20, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I think it is just as you say.........people want to share something and are not necessarily answering the question. I think they do read the question but if they don't have an exact answer they share what they feel might be relevant. Sift out what you need. And I have seen questions reposted in the hopes of getting better answers.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:51 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Poor reading comprehension....lol
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 7:57 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I think everyone is guilty of doing that at one time or another. I've seen it quite a bit.

As far as people "sharing" I don't see anything wrong with that. Sometimes personal inight is just as helpful and could be the andwer if we are a little more open minded.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:23 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Some people don't read the question. I've been known to that. I read the question not always the whole explanation. Sometimes people need to state the question in the Question line not hide it in a lengthy explanation.

Not saying you did this, I have no idea. Sometimes if this happens to me, I go back and explain what I meant but sometimes if you wait a day or so and repost the question, you will get a whole new group of moms to answer and get a some good advice.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 6:49 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• "Some people don't read the question. I've been known to that. I read the question not always the whole explanation. Sometimes people need to state the question in the Question line not hide it in a lengthy explanation"

The truth is people are lazy, they cannot be bothered reading all you have to say so they see the question and just answer it and she proves my point in her answer.

DeansMother

Answer by DeansMother at 6:54 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I read all the questions, I also read all the answers. I have found that a lot of times, people respond to another answer, rather than to the original question.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:00 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• i read the questions, but not the answers. there are afew times i missed the questions cuz i didn't reread it
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 7:15 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• sometimes people read it and dont want to read it all OR they skim it so fast, so therefore...they say something like "im sorry, i can not understand what you are saying" the words are there, i could probably explain it better if i explained it in shorter words then almost a whole page and people would understand it better.

the most irritating...you explain it better and the person that couldnt understand it, doesnt come back to try to answer it again!
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:16 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• i also think that there's others out there that mimic other's attitude...lets say you ask a question about a dog...3 people that answer it bash and tell you how pathetic your question/situation is....so another person comes to read it and bash's it too because they see other's doing so.then the next person and so on.

i believe they dont read and think about the question, they just feel the need to bash on it because other mom's are doing so.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:23 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• probably right, sometimes people comment on other's comments instead of answering the question...
    people don't read the whole question just like they don't listen when others are talking
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 8:27 AM on Sep. 20, 2010