For all people that are good at answer Bible questions...In Romans it talks about don't judge people or that will be the way you will be judged. It also talked similar things which made it sound we are going to be judged at death. Yet I have been taught that if you accept Jesus you will be saved and go to Heaven. My question is are we still judged? Or is that for people that didn't accept Jesus as their Savior?

homeschoolin432

Asked by homeschoolin432 at 7:56 AM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• We will be judged, but pardoned. We will only be punished for what Christ did, and He never sinned. The punishment for sin is death, but Jesus already was punished FOR us, so we don't have to pay the price if we have Jesus.
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 8:02 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• It doesn't matter. We still have no idea what happens when we die. No matter what you believe, there is still a chance you are wrong regardless how much "faith" you have. So, don't even worry about it.

If i had to guess though, i would say that yes, you will still be judged. Just because a rapist/murderer excepts Jesus as his savior & asks for fogvieness, does not mean that god will just turn his head & blindly forgive. God can easily forgive, but he can forgive & also discipline. Just because a child asks his mother for forgiveness does not mean the mother will not punish the child for bad behavior, why would god do that?
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:07 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• We're all judged
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 8:08 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• From Mt. 7:1"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

From what I can tell, most of the verses that talk about forgiveness and judgment have one caveat- that you forgive others. If you don't forgive then you won't be forgiven.
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 8:15 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Just because you have accepted Jesus Christ, does not make it okay to pass harsh judgement on others.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:19 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I know I don't think it is ok to pass judgement, I just wondered if we were going to be judged for all our sins. If you accept Jesus you do try and live a good life, but we all sin, and I was under the impression as soon as we die, we would go straight to Heaven if you accept Jesus.
    homeschoolin432

Comment by homeschoolin432 (original poster) at 8:24 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Yes, there will still be judgment. The bible says Man is appointed once to die and then the judgment. However, if you hear the word, believe, repent, be baptized and continue on in the new life --studying, prayer, doing your best to live the Christian life then you have no worry when judgment time comes. If you are forgiven, those sins will not come up in judgment. Doesnt mean we can't fall away though. It is a continual choice.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 8:30 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I believe everyone is faced with the wrongs they have done in their life.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:19 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• all these are based on the assumption Christianity is absolutely 100$ correct, even though its the youngest of the established religions and no one from the older religions (Buddhist, Islam, Hindu, Jewish, Pagan, etc) have been punished or dropped into a chasm that we know of based on their beliefs.

My 2c, but I think whatever YOU think happens is what happens. If your not Christian or a Bible worshipper, then I don't see how'd suddenly end up in another faith's afterlife to be judged. If you think Anubis sails you to the Afterlife on the River Styx, then thats what will happen if thats what you feel will happen after death.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:25 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• yes, everyone gets judged in the end:
    2nd Corinthians 5:10For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad

Revelations 20:12And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:00 AM on Sep. 20, 2010