really bad morning sickness

it all just hit me a couple days ago.. the morning sickness... i was sitting on the couch and i had a funny feeling in my stomach. before i knew it.. with out warning i was throwing up every where! my morning sickness isnt at certain times of the day, its all day for me and it is making me miserable. is there anything i can do that will get rid of it?

want2bamommy780

Asked by want2bamommy780 at 9:20 AM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• GINGER HELPED ME A LOT. A FRIEND OF MINE USED LEMON DROPS TO SUCK ON, THEY HELPED HER. I THINK THE KEY IS TO NOT LET YOUR TUMMY GET EMPTY, TRY TO EAT SMALL LIGHT MEALS FREQUENTLY.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 9:29 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• keep saltine crackers on your nightstand and eat a few before you even get out of bed. it will be esp. helpful if you dont eat breakfast right away. i would pop one in my mouth during my multiple late night trips to the potty. if you are having severe morning sickness, then try the BRATT diet until it subsides. ( bananas, rice, applesauce, toast, tea- decaf of coarse). and citrus scents and flavor help too. i would just slice one throughout the day to put in my water... just put unused lemon in the fridge
    IGotLuckyInKy

Answer by IGotLuckyInKy at 9:48 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I had awful morning sickness at the beginning of my pregnancy and used to combat it by eating a dry piece of toast every morning.
    Providing you can get it down it gets easier from that point onwards, well that's what I found.
    sarah221

Answer by sarah221 at 10:01 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• With my first I was sick all day, everyday for 8 months (why the last month I wasn't too sick I will never know). I quickly learned that if I craved something I wouldn't throw it up (most of the time). I learned that throwing up crackers, bread, and meat weren't fun so I did not eat those things. Believe me, I tried the saltines and ginger ale- did not work for me. In the morning I would get up and drink some water and eat an apple (easy to throw up). I tried everything the doctor suggested and whatever friends/family suggested- nothing worked so I just went with my list of what was easy coming back up. Ended up losing 15 lbs after the baby came. Good luck and hopefully the "morning" aka all day sickness will go away soon.
    candygirl1030

Answer by candygirl1030 at 10:02 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I had all day sickness with all of my pregnancies. I agree with candygirl1030 ...drink what is easy to throw up...because that damn dry heaving hurts worse then throwing up liquid.
    Sometimes the smell of fresh lemons or the smell of rubbing alcohol would help get the nausea under control when my mouth would suddenly fill with saliva.
    And when I did throw up, I would throw up in the bathroom sink with the cool water running over my hand. I didn't have to bend over so much to throw up in the toilet. Besides throwing up in the toilet just made me sicker.
    With the water running I could constantly rinse out my mouth and splash the cool water on my face. I wish you the best.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 10:16 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• i was so sick i couldnt keep down even watter, i lost like 5 or more pounds in the 2nd and 3rd month. theh have some kinda morning sickness lollie pops, try googleing then and see if you can buy them online. they are posta have something in them to settle ur stomach. unfortunatly i didnt finde them till i was 7months along and didnt need them.lol
    mommy2alissa

Answer by mommy2alissa at 9:25 PM on Oct. 19, 2008