mastitis HELP

Ok I am no longer breastfeeding my daughter. I stopped a week and a half ago. I tried the cabbage and now I am doing the ice packs.Oh I did sage tea too. I dont have a fever just pain to touch and I feel like I have rocks in my boob. I dont want to go to the doc just yet. Please lady I need suggestions or tips on what you did.( and no I am not going back to breastfeeding) I was fine all week till now.

Liz003

Asked by Liz003 at 8:20 AM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Tight sports bras helped me...and ice. It is going to suck for a while...that is why for my 2nd and 3rd I weaned the babies slowly, so it would be so painful. Good luck! If you get a fever and stuff go see the doc.
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 8:24 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I would say you might want to try to get some out. I know it goes against everything that everyone says, but for me, getting it out enough to relieve pressure when ever they got full, soon I wasn't getting full any more and didn't need to let any milk out.
    Sarasmoonflower

Answer by Sarasmoonflower at 8:26 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Try to wrap them tight with good support....I always used a sports bra that was a little too small, but overall your gonna hurt for a few weeks. It's just a matter of keeping them comfortable enough that it doesn't bother you as much. letting the milk out will make you feel better but you may just start the process over again by doing that cause your body will just make more milk.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 8:32 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I would NOT recommend tight bras, or binding. Wear a well fitting bra, continue with the cabbage leaves. If you are very uncomfortable, I would pump JUST ENOUGH to relieve the discomfort. Overall, it is going to take time for your milk to dry up, and doing things gradually can help with that. Not suggesting going back to breastfeeding, but if it's horrible, maybe pump a little, then cut back a little each day.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:30 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Thanks lady's.
    I ended up going to the doctor because I got scared of all the stuff I read online. Well I don't have a infection the doc just gave me Motrin and massaged my boob.( I wanted to slap him it hurt soooo bad) But after I left the clinic I felt so much better. So now I am just icing those baby's down and taking Motrin every once and a while.
    Liz003

Comment by Liz003 (original poster) at 1:57 PM on Sep. 22, 2010