stay at home moms

I have been a stay home mom for about close to three years now. My son is disabled and he goes to therapy all day. But now I have put ut 4 apllications for work and so far no call. But I will think positive that I will get a call, but is there another way of making money since I am still home? I have applied for stay at home mothers work and I would have to pay out of pocket for things and it is over 40 bucks monthy. I would have to buy there products every month and make sure people know about it and they hahve to buy it and thats how i get paid. no thanks. I have scrapbooking items that i don't use that i'm trying to sell and old cell phones that i would like to sell but i don't know how to sell them on ebay or amazon. they both ask for fees. Is it too much? I'm getting married next year and we are paying for most of the wedding. I need to save money though. Please help me. Thank you.

SCRAGIRL31

Asked by SCRAGIRL31 at 9:01 AM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Money & Work

• Babysitting/ child care seems to be a good choice. Also how about cleaning houses, people are always looking for a good housekeeper. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 9:05 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• You might find jobs at www.care.com or www.sittercity.com. They have job postings for childcare, senior care, housekeeping, pet care, etc. You can see the different categories on the pulldowns at the website. You search by zipcode. This is how I found my 2 part time jobs. www.indeed.com was helpful too.

I have sold tons of stuff on eBay. Fees are fairly reasonable I think. Good luck.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:06 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• It sounds like you are on a deadline about earning money?? Have you tried affiliate marketing online? Now you wont make a ton of money overnight, but you can always try it out and work on it till something comes along. Let me know if you are interested and I can help you get started...
    MamaJme2008

Answer by MamaJme2008 at 9:07 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• "I have applied for stay at home mothers work"

Lost ya there, what is that?

-- Could apply for unemployment
    -- could lower your standards and get an entry level job (min. wage)
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:09 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• When my older 2 were little I got a part-time job working nights (hubs worked days) and that way we did not need childcare one of us was home with the children. Have you thought about some of the sales jobs like Avon, Mary Kay, Pampered Chef, or Tastefully Simple? With those you can pretty much set your own schedule and have some $ coming in. Or as Bmat said - childcare or housekeeping are options as well.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:09 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I chose a home business, that way I could arrange schedules around my hubby and kids. yes it is sales, however I find that once people tried my products, they loved them and it's consumable, so not only do I make money on new sales I get a lot of reorders every month. Something to think about. I don't really consider it "sales", I just talk a lot. hehe
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 9:54 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Im gonna message you take a look for it :-)
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 10:00 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I have a home based business so I can control how and when i work. If you are interested, I would be glad to share the info with you. email me at kbressan@msn.com or send me a message here...
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 10:50 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Try selling the scrapbooking stuff and the phone on Ebay. No, the fees aren't too much. You just add those fees into your asking price.

Another thing you can do is freelance writing. I just started doing this myself. It's not get rich quick, but you can build up a portfolio and it looks great on a resume (seeing as a lot of employers want someone with communication skills.) PM me if you're interested and I'll point you in the right direction.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:37 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• check out my journal.. how i work from home.. i do gpt, a business and a job.. all on my schedule!
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 2:01 PM on Sep. 20, 2010