I havwe been having this stabbing like pain in my vagina area does that mean im dialating?

canortiz27

Asked by canortiz27 at 9:03 AM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• are you having contractions?
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 9:07 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I just posted something like this literally this past weekend. How far along are you? I'm 18 weeks and to me it feels like a sharp pain in my cervix like I'm getting a pap. It's subsided since, but most people told me it's normal & nothing to worry about. They said it could be baby punching or kicking the cervix. (But I don't remember having this pain with DD). Someone even told me to eat a banana a day and it would go away. Either way I'd call the doc to be sure... I have an appointment next week & I'm going to mention it.

Ultimately if you're not having contractions, no you shouldn't be dialating. :)
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 9:08 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• i woke up sunday early morning in pain and since than have been feeling this pain there
    canortiz27

Comment by canortiz27 (original poster) at 9:08 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I'm pretty sure you can't feel yourself dilating. That pain though, if it's like feeling like your brusied down there, it's normal. =/ It;s from the pressure from your baby, not dilating. If you're having Braxton Hicks, then you are dilating, but again, you won't feel it. You will only feel the Braxton Hicks. Hope that helps. =)
    XdollskinX

Answer by XdollskinX at 9:10 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• No it's just pressure from baby. It makes the cervix sore.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:23 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• For me, it was my cervical bone spieading, getting ready for birth. I don't remember it from the first time, but the second time I felt it pretty early on. It would hurt to lay on my side with my legs closed and sometimes to stand up. And every once in awhile I would feel this pop down there and that would hurt a lot. But doc said it was just a normal thing and not to worry about it.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 9:26 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• It could be if you are close to the end. It could also be pressure from the baby. You could have an infection too.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:24 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• i always had those pains and ever dilated until I was in labor. Are you having any contractions? It's probably just the pressure of the baby on your cervix/pelvis
    CrnchyMamaCraig

Answer by CrnchyMamaCraig at 10:47 AM on Sep. 20, 2010