Does it seem like everytime your kids start school

they bring home colds? i noticed all summer my kids were not coughing etc , school starts now were going through the whole darn year of sickness and coughing and sneezing etc. we all hate it.

sherryb1273

Asked by sherryb1273 at 9:09 AM on Sep. 20, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• This does not stop with the children! Yes, they do all bring home colds since they are being exposed to a large amount of germs all at once. I was a teacher for five years, and every year I would get sick during the first week or two of school. It's always the worst! Once mid-October rolled around, I always started to finally feel better... but then cold and flu season started shortly after that, so I was in trouble again! :)
    MyFamilyOfFive

Answer by MyFamilyOfFive at 9:52 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Yep! What I really hate is one boy gets it and brings it home and then we all get it one at a time (except hubs- he usually does not get sick) and then as soon as we are all healthy again another boy brings it home... and the cycle starts all over!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:13 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Yes but here where i live it my be related to the change in weather also---I live in MN , Now it is getting to be hooded sweat shirt weather again!! Cold at night and in the morning--fine during the day but a cooler wind, and cold in the evening again and more dampness in the air. That cold dampness in the air.
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 11:29 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Yes, they do all seem to bring stuff home the first couple months of school. All those new germs! This year there is chickenpox going around as well as all the usual colds.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:56 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Oh yes, it's the only guarantee in life....my kids will be sick with 3 weeks of school starting.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 12:59 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• part of the territory, yup
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:10 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• i know what you MizLee wo go through that to , it really sucks
    sherryb1273

Comment by sherryb1273 (original poster) at 9:15 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Thankfully, my children rarely get sick. Although when they do it is a doozey! And we all usually take turns getting it. We can never be sick at the same time, for some reason.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 9:22 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Yep, part of it....
    ShelbysHope

Answer by ShelbysHope at 9:36 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• knock on wood...so far my son hasn't gotten sick
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 1:17 PM on Sep. 20, 2010