im so sick with a horribe cold what can i do?

im very very sick hubby couldnt take the day off so im here with my 2yr old adn my 6 month old who is also sick. any remees or somethign you know that works so i can get though the day

Alejandra10

Asked by Alejandra10 at 9:18 AM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Health

• Try to rest (I know it is hard to do with little ones home), drink lots of fluids - chicken soup, jello, saltine crackers... Run a vaporizer or humidifier. I usually put vicks on my chest to help with breathing and congestion and I take Tylenol, Advil,excedrin (whichever I have in the house) for pain, fever relief.
    For sick little ones- dress lightly and do not bundle up, push fluids, lukewarm bath (to bring down fever), and rest. For the 2 yr old baby vicks on the chest and kids fever meds -- if needed.
    One thing I would do with the kids when we were sick is i would pull out some of their favorite dvd's, bring out the sleeping bags and we would 'camp out' in the livingroom watch the movies and rest.
    I hope you all feel better soon!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:29 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Drink LOTS of fluids and rest.
    mrsnikifrank

Answer by mrsnikifrank at 9:20 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• make sure to sanitize your computer area before anyone else uses it?
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:20 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Start the Alleve and take 2 every 4 hours for the aches, tylenol severe congestion. Take naps when they do, and don't be supermom today, allow your self to relax. Keep all supplies close, diapers, wipes, phone, etc. Take care of yourself!!!
    ShelbysHope

Answer by ShelbysHope at 9:21 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• You got some great advice from the pp's. Hope you and your little ones feel better soon.
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 9:30 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Lots of water.....and use a saline nasal spray to keep your sinus moist. Any of the OTC cold meds will help control the symtoms. I feel your pain as I have one hell of a cold right now *sniff*
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:57 AM on Sep. 20, 2010