Corn Flakes Chicken

Has anyone tried the recipe on the back of the Corn Flake box for fried chicken? I was thinking about trying it tonight and didn't know if anyone had any luck with it...

OoShannonoO

Asked by OoShannonoO at 9:22 AM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Food & Drink

• no, its adds crunch I hear, no flavor
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:30 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I didn't go by the recipe on the corn flake box, but I have tried to make the corn flake chicken before. I didn't think it was that great. I baked it and the corn flakes just didn't stick that great at all. Good luck.
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 9:33 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I haven't made corn flake chicken but recently I made Cheez it's chicken. I assume it's pretty much the same. Here's the recipe. It turned out yummy!!! :)
    http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1939,147184-230199,00.html
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 9:52 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Okay Cheez It's chicken sounds awesome MamaLisa1976! I've never heard of that before. ;) YUM!
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 9:57 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Did the chicken taste like cheez its? Sounds interesting
    OoShannonoO

Comment by OoShannonoO (original poster) at 9:58 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I have made it, but I seasoned my flakes first.......it would be real blah with out seasoning. The only problem I found with it, the crust burns before the chic is done. Whereby the flakes are already cooked or baked, they cook up to fast for the meat to be completely done.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 10:23 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• :) It does taste like cheez its, with a twist! :) You just dip the chicken in sour cream and roll it in crumbled cheez it's, then drizzle melted butter/margarine on top & bake it at 350 for, I forgot how long, til it's done, of course! So easy... come to think of it I think I found it in a "Busy Woman's Cookbook" that has less than 6 ingredients for each recipe. But there's the link anyway above in my other post (I guess ya gotta copy/paste it to your browser) but it's the same recipe! I would season the chicken though... it was a tiny bit bland.
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 12:41 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• WOW!!!
    CarolineDezon

Answer by CarolineDezon at 1:31 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• No, but I've made Rice Krispie chicken - my MIL's "recipe" - she makes it better than I do though!
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 3:25 PM on Sep. 20, 2010