Is anyone taking classes online w/ University of Phoenix??

Wanted to know if your financial aid actually covered all your tuition/fees per semester.

Sweet_Hart

Asked by Sweet_Hart at 9:31 AM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Money & Work

• there are alot of scams going on with online school i have heard that University of Phoenix might be one of them please do your research on it cause it hit the news a few weeks ago good luck

cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 9:35 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I have also not heard good things about the U of Phoenix. One thing I've heard is that you end up spending more money than you would with a traditional university while having a degree that's practically worthless. You're better off finding a unveristy near you that offers online classes.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:33 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• My brother is 30 K in debt form UOP. He got his degree, but still. He has an AA. I graduated with a BA from a private university, and didn't pay that much. He is sorry he did his schooling through them.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 1:50 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• from**
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 1:51 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I am in school with UoP. I did my associate's degree with Axia, and I am SO in debt. While I didn't have to pay anything out of pocket, I did use a lot of loans, I think I have 26K in loans from my AA. I am now in my bachelor program, and the loans and grants do not cover everything, I don't know how I will finish.

I will say, beware! The instructors aren't always that great, and YOU really have to work to learn the information...they don't teach it to you, you can easily scrape by without doing all the reading and such- so you have to be really accountable for yourself.

Good luck
    kraziandkoul

Answer by kraziandkoul at 12:58 AM on Sep. 22, 2010

• i havent good luck
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 1:51 PM on Sep. 23, 2010