Pills?

Lastnight I had these worst headache in the world. I don't like taking any meds during my pregnancy but the pain was just terrible. I took 600mg of Ibupropen.

I'm 37 weeks on wens. Can this harm my baby in anyway?

mommycoleyy88

Asked by mommycoleyy88 at 9:36 AM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i get migraines and doctor recommended for me Tylenol i think its safe and im 38 weeks in

cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 9:38 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• You are not supposed to take Ibuprofen during pregnancy. In the future, stick with Tylenol only.
    MyFamilyOfFive

Answer by MyFamilyOfFive at 9:38 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Also, call your doctor's office if you are ever not sure about a medication. Most offices can even supply you with a list of "no no" medications that you need to avoid. Drugs are ranked by class, depending on how dangerous they are to the baby... A, B, C... Classes A and B are typically approved by doctors. Class C is tricky. It is up to the doctor to decide whether the risk to the mother outweighs the risk to the baby. Talk to your doctor before taking medicine. Will one dose of Ibuprofen hurt your baby? Most likely not in a one-time scenario like that. However, repeated use of Ibuprofen can be risky. I wouldn't do it again.
    MyFamilyOfFive

Answer by MyFamilyOfFive at 9:41 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• SHIT I'M WORRIED NOW! BUT THANKS, SHOULD I CALL MY DOCTOR? OR ANYTHING?
    mommycoleyy88

Comment by mommycoleyy88 (original poster) at 12:03 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• take tylenol. U might want to call him and c what he says.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 12:50 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• No if it was tylenol you should be allright.
    But that is just my take on this.
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 1:37 PM on Sep. 20, 2010