My 20 mo is sick! She has a cough and can't breathe she's stuffy. Any home remedies to make her more comfortable?

I know a lot of the basics. I'm just curious to see what you do! :)

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 9:44 AM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I am from St. Louis ('burbs... I'm a city girl) and 2 yrs ago we moved down to the country due to DH's work... DD got sick and our neighbors gave me some Vick's for babies and she told me of all things... rub it on their FEET before they go to bed - a good amount, and put socks on 'em, and sure enough, her cough/stuffiness was almost gone by morning. Unbelievable. I love good ol' country remedies!!
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 9:48 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• For immediate relief i alsways gave my little one tea in her cup as warm as she could stand it and then steamed her up in the bathroom to relieve the congestion. The vicks on the feet really does work!
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 9:50 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• She is probably coughing due to the runny nose. Go grab some "Little Noses" nasal saline. Follow the directions on the back and when the sinuses clear up she may stop coughing. :)

GL!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:52 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Mamma Lisa has it right, I also would put some on her chest so she could breath it in and hopefully help with the congestion, Good luck hon, hate to see these little ones sick. Don't forget the feet, that does work even on adults.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 9:53 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• If you don't already have one a cool mist humidifier for her room may be helpful in conjunction with the saline for her nose. Hope she feels better soon.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 10:44 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Triaminic makes vapor patches that don't "burn" like Vicks does, you could try those as well as a humidifier and there used to be a vapor tablet you put on the shower floor while showering but that means you have to get in too!!
    catfur66

Answer by catfur66 at 10:48 AM on Sep. 20, 2010