I am a diet failure. I don't have what it takes. What do you do ot stay on the diet track?

I feel like fat loser. I am controlled by food. I do really good for 1 MAYBE 2 weeks, then i can't handle it anymore. When i diet, i am so stressed out! I am constantly hungry! I am short & my trainor told me that if i want to lose, i can only eat 1200 calories a day because apparently I'm so effing short, that i only burn 1,600 - 1,800 calories a day. Well...that is just not enough food for me. I tries weight watchersa, I try eating more fruits & veggies, i try eating 6 small meals, i try drinking water before my meals....it all does nothing. I am CONSTANTLY thinking about food & then hating myself for it. I feel like i am doomed to be a fat girl because i just don't have what it takes. I am so depressed...i wish i could be bulemic! (sp?) I hate myself because i feel so fat & ugly & because i am just a failure. This has been going on for years. What have you done to lose weight & stay on track?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• you cant handle it because you are dieting. what you need to do is lifestyle changges and not too much at once. gradually over several weeks add in, take away and get yourself used to and in a new habit.
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 10:16 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• 1200 is really low...maybe try 1500 instead-especially if you are working out. Make sure you get something you like every day- a pudding or a cookie or whatever- make it part of what you do every day for sanity ;)

that's how I lost a good amount of weight- I at eplain turkey sandwiches (no mayo or cheese) a lot for lunch so I could have something yummy later! and if there was a party or soemthing I didn't worry about it that day
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:21 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• i can feel your pain - take the word "diet" out of your vocabulary - start living a normal diet-free life - try to eat the right foods - i'm sure that by this time, you know what they are, don't deprive yourself of anything, just try to cut down on your portions - when snacking, try snacking on good, low calorie foods, such as fruit, vegetables, diet yogurt, diet cottage, etc. - try to avoid lunch meats, hot dogs - anything you know to be high in calories - go for lean meats - broiled chicken, fish, etc. buy yourself a calorie counter book - look over it - write down the lowest and highest calorie foods - try to stick to the lower calorie foods - stop weighing yourself daily or weekly - forget about the scale - try to drink at least 8 8oz. glasses of water each day, a glass before each meal - this will help to fill you up - i've been a yo-yo dieter all my life - but i finally quit - used this method - it works - good luck!!
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 10:23 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• It's not as simple as burning more calories than you input. You could be hyperinsulinemic, which means carbs are the problem, not calories. Regardless of the number of calories you're consuming, if they're highly processed or laden with chemicals, that could be what's stopping you from losing (the theory is that these things wreak havoc with your systems and prevent your body from functioning normally).

Years ago (before my first child was born), I tried everything. Even when I was under a doctor's care, I gained weight ... despite exercising daily and eating healthy. It wasn't until I went to a lo-carb lifestyle that I was able to lose 75 pounds without even trying and I have been able to keep it off ever since. I no longer have those intense cravings I used to, I even forget to eat! I personally have never been able to eat 6 small meals a day. Listen to your body, and do some research. Good luck.

FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 10:54 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Don't think of your weight loss goals as a diet. THINK LIFESTYLE CHANGE!!! You are not alone! Be encouraged and YOU CAN DO THIS!!
    MrsJStearns

Answer by MrsJStearns at 10:57 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Its hard. I would start off small. That's what I'm doing. I'm drinking mostly water, added more fruits and veggies, and eating wheat bread. I still eat the other things I used to just in moderation. Hang in there.
    Saucy1

Answer by Saucy1 at 11:36 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• You can do it. I know it is hard. I won't deprive myself of my favorite foods, I will take a bite or 2 and walk away from it and that really helps me. I don't like diets either. I eat maybe 1 or 2 meals a day, not by choice, my 2nd pregnancy left my stomach in bad shape and all my stomach can handle is 2 meals. I make sure they are healthy, but I won't deprive myself or I become so cranky. Your body will get the hang of it.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 11:44 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• You're not a failure. I tried everything I could think of to loose weight and nothing helped until I started taking Juice Plus. I used to have food cravings and sugar cravings. I started using Juice Plus and now I actually crave fruits and vegetables. If anyone had told me a year ago I would be eating the way I do now and that my craving would change I would have laughed out loud in their face. But here I am 19 pounds lighter and still loosing. Let me know if you would like more info I'd be happy to help.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 3:16 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• obesogens, this is something I just recently heard about and I want to check into it more. Check it out. It has something to do with a lot of things we think are good for us and they really aren't. They are making us obese.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:19 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• ur not a failure you just havent found nuthing yet that works for ya
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:07 AM on Sep. 30, 2010