CAN A 16 YEARS OLD GIRL BE READY TO GET MARRIED?

i'm just wondering if people think that a 16 year old girl is ready to married, like i said many times i'm 16 and have one year old baby girl and i'm pregnnat again. my dd and this baby have both the same dad. but i never lived with him or anything... and now i meet a boy the is 16 and he asked me to married with him.. but i don't know... i'm to confuse i don't even know him for a year... my mom think is a good ideia for me to have my own family so my children can have someone they can call dad! but my stepdad didn't like the ideia but they both agree that this boy is a good one!
the boy parents( his mom didn't like much... but she is ok with his decision) so... i don't need to tell him right now what is my answer but i feel like my family want to me to get married, because my mom was( still) ashamed of me being a single teen mom... WHAT DO TOU THINK? AM I MATURE ENOUGH?

Sofiah

Asked by Sofiah at 10:05 AM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• So this boy is not the father of your children?

It doesn't sound like you are ready. Wanting someone for your kids to call dad is not a reason to get married.
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 10:09 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• No, considering you already have 2 children just proves you aren't responsible and mature enough. Not saying that the marriage won't work, but more than likely you will end up divorced, some couples do make it. But it's more work than someone your age should have to deal with. Best of luck
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:09 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• At 16 I wasn't mature enough. Good Luck having two children at 16. I am just NOW ready for another one and I will be 24 or older by the time we conceive another one.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 10:10 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• No one can answer that for you but you. You can't just marry someone to straighten out your name, that never works... You need to be in love, and really like the guy...not like romantically like, but enjoy spending time with him and be his friend. There needs to be attraction there, and compatibility.

It's not just, or even really about maturity.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:10 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Courtney610
    yes, he is NOT the father of my children!
    Sofiah

Comment by Sofiah (original poster) at 10:11 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• no............
    Cynt1020

Answer by Cynt1020 at 10:11 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Ladies
    i got pregnant the first time because i wanted! and this second i made a mistake ok?
    think i'm responsible and mature but i don't know,,, he is very nice and i really loves me, i really like to stay with him becaus feel safe and love when i am with him! I never felt safe with someone in my life! THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I FEEL SAFE AND LOVED
    Sofiah

Comment by Sofiah (original poster) at 10:14 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• You wanted to get pregnant at 16?? Good GOD!
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:16 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• how can someone be married at 16? finicially are you able to live both on your own? do you drive? there are alot unanswered questions. if you love him and feel safe then i say yes. but why do it now. you wil be 18 in two years. why not have a long engagement instead and have the wedding of your dreams when you are finicially ready. what is the rush. enjoy being 16 even if you have two children. you are only 16 once. noones life is yours but your own. but remember you don't want to jump into something unless you are really shore because the only ones that will get hurt are the children. just think before leaping.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 10:22 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• LMAO! No, she's 16 NOW. She wasn't 16 when she got preggo the first time!

No, I don't think so. AND, just because you say yes now doesn't mean you have to get married now. It's not like when you get pregnant. You can say yes and wait. How is he going to support you? And 2 babies? No, I do not think you are mature enough. One, you are 16. Two, you have one baby and one on the way. Three, you are asking strangers on line if we think you are mature enough, and four, nit picky as it is, you can't spell. And that drives me crazy. I'm sorry. But no, I think you need to wait on getting married. Date him, be engaged. But don't actually get married. If he loves you then he will wait. You don't want to believe that, but it's true. I was 16 once. I've been there. You have to think about 2 other little people, not just yourself.
    Just TRY to be 16 as best you can while being a mom. And get on BC!
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 10:27 AM on Sep. 20, 2010