is rocking my 10 month to sleep that bad?

SweetMiss

Asked by SweetMiss at 10:10 AM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• nope.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 10:15 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I don't think so. My boys are grown, but I rocked all three of them. Once they were in a "big boy bed" they would go to bed, and I would read them stories at bedtime. At some point they just kind of outgrown being rocked.

Enjoy rocking your baby while he/she is small enough, before you know it they won't want to be rocked anymore, and ignore anyone who says you're creating a bad habit. Didn't seem to be a problem for my kids.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:20 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Sorry, that should have said "outgrew"!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:21 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• We still rock our three year old. We'll probably start phasing it out around his fourth birthday, when we get him a big boy bed.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 10:48 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• He is your baby, enjoy it while you can. My kids are too big to rock and I miss it! It's a wonderful bonding time, there is nothing wrong with it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:51 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• nope. when my 11 month old has a tooth coming in i have to rock him to sleep to calm him down. that's the only thing that helps him with the pain.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 11:53 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I don't think so.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:24 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Heck no!! Enjoy it while you can! In another few months they'll be fighting you everytime they get tired and it will be a trial to rock them. Who cares what anyone else thinks. Its bonding time and it helps baby feel secure. I always rocked mine and I never had any problems getting her in her crib or sleeping in her own bed. And at just 2 I could say bed time and she went right up and laid down, she usually wanted snuggle time but she was out in 2 minutes tops. Shes 4 now and she puts herself to bed most nights. She gets tired at around 9 and tells me she's going to bed. I tuck her up and turn on the cd I made her and she's out before the first song is over. Don't let anyone tell you its wrong because of any reason. Its your baby.
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 12:10 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• definitely not!!
    Jandr082908

Answer by Jandr082908 at 5:36 PM on Sep. 21, 2010