Grocery Shopping

For those of you with school age children, when do you do your grocery shopping? Is it while they are in school, or do you take them with you when they are home? If your kids aren't in school yet, do you take them or do you go shopping by yourself when someone can watch them for you?

I try to do my shopping when my kids are at school. It is just so much more peaceful and calm and easier. Although there are times after school or on the weekends when they join me.

QueenMomma2023

Asked by QueenMomma2023 at 10:13 AM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Shopping

• My kids are teenagers now so they stay at home unless they want to come which is rare. 

The grocery store where I shopped when they were young had a daycare so they had fun in the daycare while i shopped stress and tantrum free.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:10 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• i take my daughter with me. she is 18months and likes to hold stuff. but she also likes to put thinks in my bag and i have to watch that. but all and all she is pretty good during food shopping
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 10:15 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I got it all done when they were in school but took them with me when they were little. Each has it's benefits!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:16 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• My hubby does it after work. I hate it and he likes to do it. It is a quite time to him. It is also nicer on the kids.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:21 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• My hubby is a manager at a grocery store so he calls when he gets off work and asks what we need and brings it home (: but we do all go out shopping on pay day (every thursday) to get the essentials such as diapers, wipes, clothes and other household items its hard to take a 3 yr old, 2 yr old and 6 month old shopping by myself so i have yet to go alone!
    AWebber212

Answer by AWebber212 at 10:27 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• i'm at work when my son is at school. We grocery shop as a family on saturday so everyone has an input
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 10:28 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I normally do it during the day, because the stores aren't as crowded. If I have to go when they aren't in school, I ask them if they want to come and usually they'll join me. I have my 2.5 yo with me most times.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:30 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I work, so I go on Sunday. I always try to sneak out alone. But I usually end up with at least one kid with me. I hate bringing my 2 younger kids together.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:32 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I try to do it during the week while my older one is in school...so i just have to take my 3 year old. Sometimes I will go on saturday and go alone..hubby hates any form of shopping so he always offers to keep the kids home just as long as he doesnt have to go. i like going in the morning during the week best though...not a lot of people :)
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 10:47 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I take my 13 month old daughter with me during the day while my husband is at work.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:32 AM on Sep. 20, 2010