If you were saved then decided you didn't believe in God but then changed your mind again do you have to be saved again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• All you need to do is welcome God , Jesus and Holy Spirit back into your heart and life. Very easy. No big ritual or anything like that.
    When I walked away and came back thats what I did but Jesus also told me.. You were always mine. I realized that I was just in a dark season and just needed help finding my way back to Him. :-) The welcome party is even better. Read the story of the Prodigal Son
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:31 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• My belief as a Christian...you don't have to have a fancy ceremony or some person to dunk you under the water to be saved. It's as easy as praying and asking God to come into your life. So, yes you have to be saved again, it just doesn't have to be a formal occasion.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:38 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• It depends on your denomination I am a Baptist and my religion believes that ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED. You should really get into church and talk to a pastor about it. You should pray and redidicate your life to God and serving him. Being saved is a gift from God and once your saved and God has given you the gift of eternal life then no matter what you do he will not forsake you. My best advice would be to pray and read your bible.
    AWebber212

Answer by AWebber212 at 10:41 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I don't see why you wouldn't be. People stray all the time and are saved again.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 10:38 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• If your name is TRULY written in the "book of life" than it CAN NOT be erased. The issue is whether you truly believed in the first place. That takes examination of your soul by YOU. No one else can tell you that.

I agree with Jademom too....nothing fancy, no ceremony needed...its between you and God :)

I also agree with AWebber...you can rededicate your life if you believe you were saved in the beginning...you just strayed away. She had good advice about talking to a pastor and reading the Bible to find out your hearts true feelings :)

GOOD LUCK!!!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:54 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I don't believe anyone can lose their salvation, so there wouldn't be a need to be "re-saved". Honestly, I don't really believe in the need of being "saved" at all. But that's another discussion, I guess.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:35 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• It doesn't matter what relgiion or denomination your are, if you repented of your sins and have already asked Jesus to save you, you're saved forever. Jesus says that NO MAN can pluck His children out of His Father's hand. No man would be you or me or anyone else. When you are saved you aren't saved from the sins you commit but of your sin nature. Those are your sins past, present and future. Asking God to forgive you and to restore your relationship with Him is all that's needed, there's no need to be "re-saved'.
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 2:24 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• sounds like an Autistic spirit
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:52 AM on Sep. 21, 2010