Question

so i walked around yesterday for a little bit,i took a warm bath last night and then me and my hubby had sex..

when i first started dilating i had this funny/sore feeling down there like pressure on the left side of it and it went away after a while but now i am having it again could that mean i am dilating more?

this is how it started the 9th i went to the doctor i wasnt dilated at all , then friday i lost my mucus plug,so sat i started having really bad back pain so i went to the er like my doctor told me to and i was dilated 0-1cm, then last thursday the 16th i went to the doctor and i was dilated 2cm...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• yes, could be.... typically if you lose the whole mucus plug, you're likely to have go in to labor within so many days (think it's just a couple but I'm not sure).
    Lots of women think they're not in labor till their water breaks.... not true. Mine didn't break with the first two deliveries till moments before and dr broke it.
    walk walk walk walk if you're wanting to go ahead and have the baby
    Some of what you're feeling could be the baby's head getting in to position too.
    With both of mine I wasn't hurting, but when I saw blood I went to ER and both times I was ready to deliver (one was born an hour after walking in the ER door).
    Lot of women think there has to be pain to be in labor.... not true.... I only went because I saw blood, no pain.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:08 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Forgot to mention... I felt like my hips were spreading and I'm assuming that's when I was dilating in hindsight. I'm sure there were sensations going on in the genital area but been so long ago that I've forgotten that part. All I remember is that I was amazed that it didn't hurt to be in labor till I had to push and it was more scarey to me that I didn't know what was going to happen.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:11 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• You very easily could be dialating. I never lost a visable mucus plug but I wadled around dialated 3.5cm for almost a month!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:29 AM on Oct. 19, 2008