my son is sick help me please:(

My son had to drop all of his classes this simester because no matter what he would do he felt like the room was spinning on him, even when he would try to sleep at night.I've had him to an ent, nuralogist, family doc. and there not finding anything all test are coming back normal.He said he's so frustrated that they havent found anything as of yet. please help.

SILVERROSE01

Asked by SILVERROSE01 at 10:33 AM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Adult Children (18+)

• he has also had a lot of test done and nothing yet
    SILVERROSE01

Answer by SILVERROSE01 at 10:34 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• He might not be tell you something that he has been doing that might be causing this problem..Has he been bitten by a tic?????....Has he been checked for diabetic????

Answer by louise2 at 10:40 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Is it a mental health thing? Maybe they are panic attacks due to anxiety?
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 11:13 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Sounds a lot like Vertigo. Everything feels like it's spinning even if you lay down. It makes you want to "hold onto" something to make the spinning stop.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 11:42 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• has he tried meclizine. you can get it over the counter for car sickness but it helps my vertigo
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 5:30 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• i agree with southerncharms i have vertigo and i always feel like spinning sometimes i even feel like im falling and will be sitting down at the time. i am 42 and i only got the symptoms about 5 years ago but they do have medicine to control the dizziness. i would ask the doctor about that
    sdeignan

Answer by sdeignan at 9:56 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Has he been checked for food or chemical allergies? Sometimes somethings as simple as a dairy allergy (which can cause inflammation, infection, or congestion and affect the inner ear) or a reaction to some kind of paint (contain volatile offgassing chemicals), building material (many contain formaldehyde), or even some personal product a roomie is using could have an effect like this. Take him to a doc that specializes in ear-nose-throat and who is familiar with these types of environmental and food sensitivities.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Could it be an anxiety attack? Is college stressing him that much? Might be something to check out.
    dorothyn22

Answer by dorothyn22 at 10:27 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Keep asking until you find a answer .even if it takes a year.Good luck
    Anonymous

• It took my aunt forever to get diagnosed with an inner ear disorder that caused those symptoms. I also had a tumor (benign) on my parathyroid that caused similar symptoms. They diagnosed that with a blood test...high calcium...but it was pretty advanced before they thought to look.
    profmom922

Answer by profmom922 at 8:17 AM on Oct. 24, 2008