Should they use a webcam during registration to prove who they are?

to become members here?
I can't see how else you'd know who people were.
At least you'd know they were really women and older than 15.

-- of course there's always the possibility of having a friend/relative sit in front of the camera for the person to get around it. Its just an idea.

Everyone's so "Its moms only" but I don't see how thats any deterent just saying that or typing that on a website. Its an open to the public site whose membership is really based on the honor system at this point isn't it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Sep. 20, 2010 in About CafeMom

• It could be tricky, next you'd have to have proof that you have children, I've seen many stepmothers on here so would they count? I've also seen women on here that are just the girlfriend to a man who has a child. I see your point, I honestly do, I don't see the big deal unless they are causing problems, if they are causing problems (in my personal experience) CafeMom will deal with them, their accounts will be deleted. True there is nothing to stop them from coming back (in my personal experience) however, trouble makers will generally remain trouble makers and will again be deleted from CafeMom
    Wildkitten82

Answer by Wildkitten82 at 11:07 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Wow... obsessed much? lmao!

Anyway, in a forum like this you take all of it with a grain of salt. I don't worry who is a woman or a man. Who is a kid or an old lady. I take the advise that fits for me and move on.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:56 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that they're not after you ....

Those who don't belong here and are just playing will tire and go away. What's the big deal? And a webcam would prove absolutely nothing - and limit access to many.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 11:00 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• There's really no point. It would be expensive for CafeMom, and it wouldn't prove anything. If CafeMom is going to remain free, I can't see them making members prove their identity.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:56 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• No ,This is a wonderful site for Mom's many of which are shams ,so why should we have to "buy " a webcam" to prove who we are ?
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 11:00 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Based on that, then there's also no point in barring people from joining in that case, Scuba. I agree with you guys.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:01 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I just think that would be rediculous and excessive seeing as in reality it's JUST THE INTERNET....
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:40 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• lol naw
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 1:14 AM on Sep. 24, 2010