Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what do I for sports injury?

Answer Question

Asked by vivoMama at 11:00 AM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

Level 1 (2 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • Go to the doctor for advice and a referral for rehabilitation.

    Answer by at 11:01 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

  • It depends on the type of injury? Usually heat or ice and ibuprofen ...

    Answer by Scuba at 11:03 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

  • What kind? Was is during a school sports that you have insurance for? No details - hard to answer. But take the child to their general doc.

    Answer by twinsplus2more at 12:32 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

  • Typically ice or heat and ibuprofen like Scuba mentioned. My son gets all kinds of sports injuries typically his ankles.
    Sometimes xrays are in order just to make sure there is no stress fracture, I'm not sure how many xrays we've done on ankles.
    My son also cracked his wrist lifting weights once. He has also had catscans due to concussions
    Don't take sports injuries too lightly, depending on what they are they can be serious.

    Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 12:54 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

  • go dr.

    Answer by mekarevell at 1:12 AM on Sep. 25, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.