can u

feel yourself dilating? if so where and how does it feel

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• No, Just like you don't normally feel a tampon. You contract in the same place the tampon sits. I think its like 2-3 cm up inside you. I know TMI but, that is the only way I could think of to explain. You will feel the contractions and they will feel like the worst menstrual cramps ever.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:05 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• i dont think you can actually stick your hand up there and feel your self dilating. but someone else can but they said its not safe to do that unless its a doctor.
    moviestartaal

Answer by moviestartaal at 11:10 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I disagree..... I think you feel your pelvic bones spreading. I didn't have painful contractions... just thought it was the brax things... more like tightening muscle but I'd had them all thru the pregnancy.
    Only for sure thing about all pregnancy/birthing.... they're never exactly the same.
    All 3 of mine were completely different... all deliveries were completely different, and healing times were different...
    But yes, I do think you can feel the dilation happening if you're in tune with your body. I felt my hips spreading, you can place your hands on the pelvic bone and you'll feel a difference (the ones around the lower vaginal area)
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:17 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• i"m not sure, but when I was preggo, just about a day or two before my water broke, i felt like an intense pressure, almost like when I had ridden my brother's ten speed bike and stopeed suddenly and my vagina hit the bar. i would definetly call your dr.
    livetolaughlove

Answer by livetolaughlove at 1:11 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• thats what it feels like...but not every womens water breaks..
    Anonymous