Do you believe in redistribution of wealth?

Some say everyone being more equal is fair but is it really fair to take someones hard earned money and give it to the people who have less?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 11:18 AM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• No. According to the president. We are rich. We live in NY and barely make enough to cover our bills. We have 2 kids in private schools, a huge mortgage and daycare alone is over $1,500 per month.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:20 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• No, it isn't right. It is one thing to help those who need it, but you help them to help themselves, giving them something they didn't earn is worse for them.
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 11:20 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• It's not fair. Paying taxes to support programs for those less fortunate is the right thing to do - making people with more pay even more taxes is not. You work hard, you should be able to enjoy your income. Communism has at it's root distribution of wealth. The Soviet empire fell, and most of it's people ended up in poverty. Russia isn't known for any innovation, and the decades of communism bred generations of people who lived in poverty with no way to get out - and their best and brightest defected.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:25 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• to whom much is given much is required.
    Not everyone is able to handle wealth. There is a reason why there are have's and have not's in this world. The so called problem of poor or poverty will never be cured. It has existed since the beginning of time.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:25 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Nope
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:27 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I help others all the time... So it does not matter to me one way or the other. I will always help others that have less then i do..
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 11:28 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• No, I don't believe in it. I believe it promotes mediocrity and it eventually discourages success.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:29 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I believe in it if I am in a hurry to collapse an economy. The PC term is social justice.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:37 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

THIS...  Eventually the well runs dry....

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:40 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• *sigh...

There are two kinds of people that get assistance. The ones that really need it to get through a patch, use it gratefully, and move on, and the kind who always have their hands out for more. I've seen an awful lot of the second kind living and growing up with my mother.

I do believe that there should be help available for things like emergencies, deaths, painful and impossible unemployment rates, etc. What I don't believe, is that consistently, year after year, people who are "poor" should directly get a large check filled with other people's money.

In the name of good will, the American taxpayer gets stepped all over and then some. That needs to change.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:41 AM on Sep. 20, 2010