Is this normal?

Hi I gave birth to my DD seven months ago, she smart adorable and just the best ever, I love her so much! However, my question is this: is it normal to feel and act differently to your SO ? I somehow loose interest in just about everything he talks about, and I dont think he spends enough time with our DD, I have depression.. do you think that its resurfacing now? Can anyone help?

Nerdymama

Asked by Nerdymama at 11:21 AM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't think so. I felt that way and it's like, if he isn't showing as much interest in our new and exciting addition as I am, I have no interest in him. I was so excited to be a mom (especially since we had lost one) that I just couldn't understand how he wasn't as excited as I was. i don't know if that sounds selfish but I understand how YOU feel.
    His_Mommy26

Answer by His_Mommy26 at 11:27 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• If all you are talking about is the baby, he may feel like he doesn't matter, that other things aren't important to you. I'm not saying that the baby doesn't need a LOT of attention, but your SO does too. Talk to your SO about it, ask him how he's feeling, tell him how you're feeling. It's an emotional roller coaster in the beginning, you should be a team. Don't forget that you are a couple as well as parents.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:34 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• i feel like this with my husband from time to time. i tune him out when he talks about music, bands and crap. i mean really isn't there more to life rather then a new song or new band etc etc. i don't really care.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 3:20 PM on Sep. 20, 2010