How to get a 3 month old to sleep?

I have a four year old (Hunter) and a 3 month old (Madden) and unfortunately they have to share a room. Everytime Madden moves and if it wakes up Hunter he has to yell for me to tell me Madden is awake when he isn't and in the process wakes him up. Even with adding noise (a fan) to the room they constantly wake each other. I have sence them moved Madden into my room until he starts sleeping all night. He does sleep better but not as well as he could (my husband snores and wakes up early for work). I know he is only 3 mo and I don't expect him to sleep all night but does anyone have any idea's on how to get him to sleep better while sharing a room? Hunter didn't sleep all night till he was 2 1/2 and I am hoping that Madden doesn't do the same.

Sam33181

Asked by Sam33181 at 11:25 AM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would keep him in the room with me. And I would work with the older on e on not yelling about the baby. When you can get the other one to not yell, then, I would move the younger one back in. He is going to sleep how he sleeps regardless. Your hope lies in fixing everyone around him. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:31 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• It's difficult when you have to live with two bedrooms. We have always had to do that and I have 3 sons. None of mine slept through the night until they were 3. I was lucky that when they did sleep through the night they were sound sleepers. It sounds like putting the baby in your room is the best solution. The baby should get used to snoring. You might get used to getting up early if the baby is waking when your husband is getting ready and enjoy some alone time with your baby for the first morning feeding.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:41 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Keeping him in your room is the best option. We now have a playyard in the living room that my 18 mo old sleeps in until he wakes up and comes to bed with us... surprisingly the noise out here doesn't bother him, but he wakes right away in his brothers room. When he starts sleeping through we'll probably look at bunkbeds.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 12:22 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Just one idea..............a friend put her baby on the floor of her closet in a pack and play. She has a sound machine next to it and the baby sleeps fine in there. It is a temporary situation until they can find a bigger place.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:22 PM on Sep. 20, 2010