Would you change gynecologist?

I have been going to this gyno for about 2 yrs. She told me to come back in 6 months I call to ask a question and Iam told she left the practice :(

now I have to make an appt. with another dr. :( My choices 2 females or 1 male) Ihave had themale one all through my pregnancies he was really a good dr. But dh felt now that Iwas just going strictly for my vagina he felt a female would understand alotbetter I just switched to avoid the argument :/ I know dumb.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Health

• The pro of having a male gyno, they have to study all that much more because they don't have the experience. Also, they are less likely to attribute your issues to personal experiences and miss something.

While a female has a better understanding because she has one, she may not always be the best choice.

If you feel better with the male, then go to him.

I have had both. The female retired and then I started with the male. While I was happy with her, I find I am more satisfied with the care he gives me.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:32 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• If you like the male gyn, then go. Your hub has no right to tell you to switch, he doens't have a vagina lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:29 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• See who you want to see... it's your body... not your DH's!!! Women's health is about more then just your vagina!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 11:29 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Go to who you want to. I like a male OBGYN. I did have a female one, she was rough and very nasty. Good thing I did not go back I did have a problem and turned out I did not have to be put to sleep, for what I needed to have done.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 11:31 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I prefer a female gyno for the reasons your DH states (I mean that I think women would understand better, not the vagina thing, LOL), however you should go to who you feel comfortable with.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 11:32 AM on Sep. 20, 2010