Could I have a leak of Amniotic fluid?

Last night I was having contractions back to back for about 3 hours and the baby was pushing down EXTREMELY HARD! I felt like she was going to push herself out. Anyway, I woke up this morning and it was very wet down there, since then whenever I wipe there is this watery, thin, no smell discharge. Could this be amniotic fluid? Could I have a slow leak?

MommieIsSexay

Asked by MommieIsSexay at 11:28 AM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• sounds like your water is breaking, I would go to hosp. They can check
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:30 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• The only thing is, the contractions have stopped....is this possible?
    MommieIsSexay

Comment by MommieIsSexay (original poster) at 11:32 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• It's possible that you are leaking and possible the contractions stopped. Lay down and relax for a bit and see if they come back. If you still leak, you will need to be seen before 24 hours. Try doing some walking if your contractions don't start soon. It might keep you from getting pitocin if you try walking around.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:36 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• It's probably just vaginal fluids from your mucus plug.Contractions do that. Contractions can make you lose urine without any feeling too. If the contractions stopped it was probably just a practice run. When you have a leak, when you cough it usually trickles out. and when your water breaks, you FEEL it.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:36 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Yes this is VERY possible.....when I started leaking it happened just like that.

Try this, take of your pants and panties....lay on your left side for a while....then get up quickly stand strait up...you might feel water leak out...maybe down your leg....

It can help you decide if its your water leaking out.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:46 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• If ur water broke u would know it. It gushes out. Call ur doc and see what he says.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 12:32 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Yes this could very well be a slow leak..this could be dangerous for you & the baby as well so call your doctoror make a trip 2 the er soon..relax & good luck..everything goes the way it's supposed 2 @ all times
    Lovelymee23

Answer by Lovelymee23 at 12:36 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

Lovelymee23

Answer by Lovelymee23 at 12:37 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• @horsesteelers: there are such things as a small tear and a light drip. Not always is there a pop and a gush. LOL

You DO NOT need the emergency room unless you are less than 37+weeks. and either way, just call and ask the doc. No emergency yet. LOL geeze.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:38 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• My water broke with both of my DD's at 36 weeks, I had a slow trickle with #1 the gush with #1...You are due in 8 weeks, it is entirely NOT impossible.
    I would go to ER and rule out if it is still happening they will check out all out..
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 11:34 AM on Sep. 21, 2010