What's your take on Maternity clothes?

I do not like them at all lol...Give me so XL tops when needed and the tummy band to keep my pants up and i was just fine lol..I could not see buying Maternity fashions at all ..

MTM

Asked by MTM at 11:34 AM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I bought a lot of maternity things, but I was working full time and needed to dress professionally. For casual wear, I always bought leggings in the women's department, and either maternity shirts or shirts is larger sizes. A lot of maternity things just weren't that attractive!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:36 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Well I already wore XL tops, so that wouldn't work. I was fine with them. I just hated the clingy tops. It was hard to find tops that didn't hug my belly.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:36 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I have a lot of maternity clothes and they are adorable.. The pants look like regular not prego pants.. so cute.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:42 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I also couldn't see the point of Maternity clothes although I did cave in and buy two pairs of pants (that I found too uncomfortable to wear) & a long black skirt that I wear often. Besides that, I just bought bigger regular tops and they worked out fine.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:37 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• They look cuter now then they did years before but waaay too expensive! I wore SO's shirts alot when I was pregnant...lots of stretchy pants and maybe one pair of maternity pants in my closet! I think i got that a second hand maternity store though. I bought a pair of pants there for about $6 and saw the same ones at Motherhood for almost $30.
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 11:37 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I owned 2 pants and 2 tops maternity. The rest were sweats. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:37 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I think they are super cute:) I got a whole new wardrobe when I was preggers.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 11:38 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I bought a few things and they didn't look any different than my regular clothes. I'm pretty casual anyway so it was easy to find things I liked. As long as they fit, looked good, and weren't sagging or loose in any unpleasant areas I was fine.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:39 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I've bought a few maternity things and had a lot given to me. To me the maternity pants are WAY more comfy. I work in a law office so I have to look professional. Also while I have a big belly I have a small chest so just buying bigger shirts wouldn't work too well. I guess I'm used to spending more like $70 for a pair of pants so $30 for maternity pants didn't seem too bad to me.
    furbabymum

Answer by furbabymum at 11:40 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• The only problem I had with wearing a larger size regular top was that they usually made me look wider instead of just more belly lol.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:40 AM on Sep. 20, 2010