How do you get that darn glue off a new cake pan?

I bought a cake pan that used a few dots of that really stretchy glue to keep an instruction and idea sheet on it. I pulled some off but a lot is still really stuck on. I've soaked it in hot water about a million times. Is there anything I can put on it to make it come off? I don't want to bake a cake with glue in it.

jus1jess

Asked by jus1jess at 11:40 AM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Food & Drink

• If the water doesn't work, try putting it in the oven on 350 for about 10min...you should be able to take a rubber spatula to it after that and have it come right off. Just be careful of the hot pan.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 11:45 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Goo gone or alcohol.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:45 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Goo gone. This really does work. It removes stickers, glue ect. I love it. Put it on let sit for a few minutes and wipe off. Try cooking oil.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 11:47 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• You could try putting dishwashing liquid directly on it and rubbing/scraping with your finger nail.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:17 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Can't you just pick it off? Do NOT put it in the oven or the dishwasher, it will be there forever. I would try picking it off, or use goo gone, then wash it really well.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 11:20 AM on Oct. 21, 2010