What do you think of the man who boarded the school bus to protect his dd from bullies?

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/39232388/ns/today-parenting/

His dd has cerebral palsy and bullies were taunting her and throwing condoms in her hair....dad SAYS he contacted the school several times and nothing was done about it.

I think he went a bit too far with the profanity and the threatening behaivor! BUT BUT BUT !!!! I think he did the right thing protecting his dd....he just should have been a bit more cool headed about it.

Also, I know that it would cost money and schools lack money. But wouldnt it help to have an adult bus monitor to ride and watch the children...not just the driver?

What are your opinions?

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 11:41 AM on Sep. 20, 2010 in

• The profanity was not necessary. he could have just had his daughter name who's been doing it and call up those parents and have talks with them. Perhaps call in a mediator to help out.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:43 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I think he did go too far with the language and threats but I, for one, am sick of bullies. It's even worse in this case because she has cerebral palsy. Where is the punishment for what they did? I would not be surprised if he did call the school and nothing was done. That part really takes me back to my years in school. Both school officials and bus drivers. Some drivers are great and put a stop to any b.s. and some are there for a paycheck and that is it. We had one that got so sick of it when he got us to school, he radioed to the bus barn he'd be a little late, then marched the brats on the bus into the principal's office. Schools need more authority figures and drivers who actually care about stopping this crap. And a few more parents need to teach manners and correct behavior.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:48 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Schools need more authority figures and drivers who actually care about stopping this crap. And a few more parents need to teach manners and correct behavior.

AMEN AND AMEN!!!!
    mom2twobabes

Comment by mom2twobabes (original poster) at 11:49 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I agree. I applaud him for standing up for his daughter. Did he go too far with the profanity? Probably so, but here is a father reacting on his emotions. His daughter, who has special needs, is being tormented and father bear kicked in. I probably would have reacted the same way. I mean, there are so many times that I wish that instinct had kicked in for my parents, then maybe I wouldn't have spent so years being tormented by my peers.

I can almost guarantee you, NO ONE will ever fuck with that little girl again.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 11:54 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I think every school bus should have a bus monitor in addition to the driver.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 12:00 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I think he went a little over board. Yes it was a sweet thing to do but now she'll get even more hell for telling her father. Hell he shouldn't have been the one to address the issue. If schools actually cared about our students they should be the ones doing something about it. It makes me sick that any person would sit and poke fun and a handicap person.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:02 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• He went a little over board with the profanity. But I don't blame him for how he acted. He's trying to protect his little girl. I give great respect for that father.
    MuddyHuggies

Answer by MuddyHuggies at 4:44 PM on Sep. 20, 2010