Is My 2 Month Old Normal?

My baby is 2 months old and she eats anywhere from 6 to 8 oz she uset to eat onley 4 up untill a couple weeks ago then its like 4 wasent doing it so i gave her a little more and now i dont know if that is normal..i also give her gerber juice and last night i tried giving her stage 1 applesauce because she just wasent gettin full she weighed 8.5lbs when she was born now she weighs 12.3lbs is that normal?

aggheff08

Asked by aggheff08 at 11:09 AM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well when my son was born he weigh 6 pounds and and in two weeks he was drinking up to 8 ounce and he weigh 10pounds when he was 2 months i started giving him cereal he was fine besides being a fat baby
    moviestartaal

Answer by moviestartaal at 11:14 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Sounds normal to me. My son is a big eater and was eating around 6 oz. at that age. I also started giving him cereal regularly at 2 months, and baby food around 2.5 months.

He is almost 5 months now, eats 32 oz. of formula, 12 tablespoons of cereal, and at least 8 oz. of baby food per day ... he's a big boy :)
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 11:16 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Well how often is she eating? And is it formula or breastmilk? My baby is 3 months and eats about 30 oz of breastmilk/day I'm guessing.
    You baby shouldn't be getting any juice at this age and no baby food yet either. Way too young still.
    Your babys weight sounds normal.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:00 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I breast fed her for about a month then i had to go to back to work so i started her on formula the ped. told me to give her a little bit of juice to help with constipation and it seems to be working plus she really likes i dillute it with nursery water so its not so much juice but as far as the baby food i just didnt know what else to do she is on liqud formula so i think they are in qts and she goes threw one of those a day
    aggheff08

Answer by aggheff08 at 12:08 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Well my son was 9 pounds 7 ounces at birth and he is now three months old and he weighs 19 pounds. He eats 8 ounces every three to four hours. He is a big boy. I put cereal in his bottle but there was not much of a difference. I have not given him any baby food yet, waiting for the ok from my docotr. He has an appointment tomorrow.
    Julie0039

Answer by Julie0039 at 12:11 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• 2 months is actually too young to feed anything else beside formula/breastmilk/tea.

You usually start feeding other stuff when they are 4months old. Thats why your little one is getting a little heavy and wont get stuffed.

But its not always because of the food. If your baby is gaining TOO much weight TOO fast, then you might want to ask a doctor about it. not every fat baby is a healthy baby.

^^^ its no bashing... :)

instead of feading stage 1 foods, you should just make the formula thicker..
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 12:28 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Sounds normal...babies want to eat more when they grow. I wouldn't give her anything besides formula/breastmilk though. She's too young.
    naturalhome

Answer by naturalhome at 1:47 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Also I dont know about formula, my son is 9 weeks old, he is completely BF. He was 7lbs at birth and is now 13lbs. He is not chunky so I dont worry about him being overweight or getting to much milk. He eats whenever he is hungry which is what all babies should be allowed to do. But in my opinion babies have growth spurts and during these times then need more nourishment. Feed her when she is hungry and she will stop when she is full.
    naturalhome

Answer by naturalhome at 1:52 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Last thing is babies will act like they are starving during growth spurts. My son does even though he is getting enough.
    naturalhome

Answer by naturalhome at 1:53 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• sounds like she is in a growth spurt. You may find this is the new norm for or or it may settle in a few days. BUT 2 months is too young for stage one foods juice etc. There are studies that found a very direct link with starting foods too early and allergies and asthma. So I would just try to ride out the not getting full thing (shouldn't last longer than a week) and hold off on the juice and what not until she is at least 4 months. 6 months is better if there is a history of allergies in your family.. Weight gain sounds right too. My preemie gained 3 pounds in 30 days... CRAZY! Its almost sad how fast they grow
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 2:25 PM on Oct. 19, 2008