Does anyone else still sleep with their baby in their bed?

Ever since our baby was old enough to no longer need her bassinet she has been sleeping with us. We keep her between us so she doesn't roll off the bed and the worst problem we have is when she wakes up because her pacifier has gone missing. Otherwise, she usually doesn't wake up in the middle of the night and sleeps pretty much through the night until at least 7:30 am. Does anyone else co-sleep with their babies?

MamaBearsFirst

Asked by MamaBearsFirst at 11:57 AM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I did. He slept all night from 3 months on and slept with me until age 4.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:58 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• nope, my dd has always slept in her own crib and now in her own bed she is now 22 months old, she goes to bed at 8 pm and sleeps threw the night till 8 or 9 am!!
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 12:00 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I did up until he turned 4. He still, at 5 makes an occasional appearance.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:01 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• The baby (18mo) sleeps with us (nearly) full time. Big brother (4.5) usually crawls in after DH has gotten up for work.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 12:27 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Awesome, second question, for those of you who did co-sleep, when did you begin to transition your child to their own bed/crib? Any suggestions on making this transition as painless as possible? Should I wait until she is a little older to understand what is happening?
    MamaBearsFirst

Comment by MamaBearsFirst (original poster) at 12:30 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I did between 4 and 5 and only because he finally had his own room and we bought bunk beds. He was emotionally mature and ready to earlier, but, I just didn't bother.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:42 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• My children kind of coslept with us. We had a crib with a side rail gone on one side and a toddler bed on the other side of our queen bed. When they were almost 3 and 5 years old they asked to be in their own room, but to sleep together in there so that is what they do now. Personally I feel they will ask when they are ready. They still come in once in a while and that is fine with us too.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:44 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• DD slept with us until she was 2 and got her a bed of her own. We started off by putting it right next to ours and eventually moved it to her own room a few months later. DS is 16 motnhs and still co sleeping
    nngmommy83

Answer by nngmommy83 at 1:08 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• My almost 3 year old still sleeps with me. DH works third shift, so I don't mind, and I'm not in a huge hurry to get him in his own bed. He'll stop whenever he's ready.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:52 PM on Sep. 20, 2010