School pick up line and example of bad parenting?

I say that jokingly sort of ....but here is what happens every day in my sons pick up line at school.

All parents who are in the CAR pick up line are asked to form a line OFF of the busy highway onto a special paved road just for pick up....we all sit in our cars as the line begins to move...

But it NEVER FAILS...during the moving up...cars from behind try to fly up quickly to merge in ahead of others who have been patiently waiting in line. Basically breaking line...lol

I told my dh..."these are the parents of the same kids who break line at school...they learned if from their parents!"

I think it is so rude and childish. And shows character and how they must teach their children to behave to others.

what do you think? (by the way, this is not that big of a deal to me, just strikes me as ridiculous...thought I would see what other moms thought)

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 11:58 AM on Sep. 20, 2010 in

• I totally AGREE with you.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:59 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I agree!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:00 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I think the default shouldn't always be "bad parenting". Sometimes children do have a mind of their own or do things thru peer pressure or in an attempt to look cool... all on their own even when they know they wouldn't do that around the family. Parents are not in physical control of their kids 24/7. Bad parenting is a copout excuse for people that can't think of anything better to say.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 12:00 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• but i do agree as far as the car line goes, as far as their actions in school, no
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 12:02 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• no zoeyis...I mean that the parents who are breaking car line are showing that they have bad parenting skills.
    mom2twobabes

Comment by mom2twobabes (original poster) at 12:02 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I think it's rude as well. I'm usually the person letting someone else go, who has been waiting forever. Some people don't like that, but if anything, I'll be teaching my son to be kind. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:03 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I agree, pretty ridiculous
    BradensMom1026

Answer by BradensMom1026 at 12:04 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I agree - kudos to you for laughing about it!
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 12:16 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I completely agree as well as those people who do the same thing on the highway when it has been made clear for a mile or more that one lane is closed and they fly by and hope someone will let them in. I stay as close as possible to the car in front of me so these people can't sneak in front of me because it is VERY rude in my book and dangerous to be speeding by with kids around.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:42 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I agree totally with you. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree in most instances.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 7:07 PM on Sep. 21, 2010