I have three options; which one do I choose?

I realized this morning that my goals ARE obtainable. I have set up goals for other aspects of my life, but not my health. I have left it on the back burner.

So, in order to create change in the area of my health I have three options, but need help deciding what to do.

1) Get up at 5am every morning and work out, shower, go about my day.
2) After the kids go to bed, go work out.
3) Continue to eat well and stay with my current activity (which isn't much to be honest).

My current schedule:
Mon/Wed/Fri:
6am-Get self and kids up and dressed for school/work and take them @ 7am.
7:30 am-Arrive at school/daycare.
8:15 am-Arrive at work and work till 5pm. Only 30 min lunch break, can't work out then.
5:30pm-Pick kids up from school.
6pm-Home, cook dinner, have ready by 7pm.
7pm-Eat dinner.
7:30pm-Bathe Kids.
8pm-Kids in bed.
Tue/Thur/Sat/Sun: Same plus work 2nd job 3:30-7:30pm. T

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 12:00 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• option 1
    Working out in the morning will actually give you more energy throughout the day.

with option 2, your likely to skip the workout because you're too tired or some such thing. Its very easy to put off when its the last thing you do as opposed to the first thing you do.

and option 3 of course doesnt change much, so that ones kind of moot.

I would suggest one slight change though. Don't do it every day to start off with. Start with 3 or 4 times a week.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 12:09 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• its not wise to exercise right before bed. your sleep will be affected and not getting enough sleep actually contributes to weight gain. try adding iron and (sounds trite at this point but works) drink atleast two liters of water a day. iron actually increases your metabolism. go to bed when your kids do if you can and sleep as long as possible... adding a 20-30 min walk/ run through the neighborhood will compliments the other efforts and not only will you feel more energized, you will likely shed some weight
    mrsmostafa

Answer by mrsmostafa at 12:05 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• The clocks will be changing soon....I vote for the get up early and sweat to start your day....you can do it!
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 12:03 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• # 3 - you have soo much on your plate already, your fine, just eat right and maybe walk on your lunch hour, all you really need is 30 minutes three times a week anyway, you sound like you are active enough!! =)
    Liz30355

Answer by Liz30355 at 12:04 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Go for option number 1!!! you get this out of the way early, and you will feel great and burn calories more during the course of the day, do it at least Monday through Friday and I guarantee results!!

Answer by older at 12:06 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I vote for get up at 5:30, do a quick work out (even if it's just a brisk walk) and then continue on your day.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 12:07 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• sorry i meant to say " or" for the last one dealing with the workout.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 12:07 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Option #3 with a modification of walking for 15 minutes of your lunch break and never using an elevator or escalator. Also park at the back of all parking lots!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 2:53 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• number 1, get it over and done with. GL
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:00 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• option 1. Start off doing it 3 days a week, and then slowly work up to more so you don't get burned out.
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 8:39 PM on Sep. 20, 2010