How many of you have gotten pregnant while having the IUD(Mirena)??

What are the symptoms, I mean..are they still the same as a normal pregnancy? Just curious..I've never had much luck with birth control..and was thinking of getting the IUD.

blueeyedbabyz

Asked by blueeyedbabyz at 12:03 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• two associates have. but i have not tried it
    mrsmostafa

Answer by mrsmostafa at 12:06 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• My niece was concieved while her Mom had Mirena, she is 10 and has learning problems, is at an 8 year old level, no one has said that it was because of the IUD though.
    Liz30355

Answer by Liz30355 at 12:06 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Please don't use mirena! More and more things are happening with that. Dangerous side effects etc. Just look for more posts on it on here. It's not good at all!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:24 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I agree with musicmom80, also google it and you will find more complaints by consumers.. so many sites for the bad bad stuff that happens with it.
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 12:31 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I have been on the mirena for a long time. Over 2 years and never had any problems with it. I have alot of friends with it (i would say around 10) and nobody has gotten pregnant or had any issues. It depends on your body as an individual!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I got pregnant with my first using mirina, but it was because my doctor had not placed it in correctly. althow it was a suprise, we were excited about the pregnancy:) not so happy with the doctor lol
    ashcrash

Answer by ashcrash at 1:08 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Anon, it's not the body, you've just been lucky. And who's to say it doesn't happen in the future. Seriously, I have a friend who had it in for 4 years and started bleeding heavy and almost died from blood loss. The doctor said it was def from the mirena IUD>
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• So i guess me, and the other millions of people that have been un affected should thank our lucky stars huh..Im not so sure, with the numbers being as high as they are, that its all luck.....And just cause your friend almost bled to death, doesnt mean we necessarily will. KWIM???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I have had it for a month and love it. I havent got pregnant yet..lol.I also have alot of friends with it and they love it too. I have 2 friends that had it for 5 years, had it removed and got a new one. I agree with the first anon. It all depends on your body and the placement etc.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 2:11 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I had mirena for about 2 years and HATED IT!!! My moods were sporadic and I had a light period almost all the time and all that blood loss makes you tired. but MOST IMPORTANTLY Mirena in rare cases can PROTRUDE THROUGH THE UTERUS. Yikes I was having more unusual symptoms and finally decided to have it checked out. Well this mirena had moved and was basically floating around inside my uterus. My Dr said I would have become pregnant in a few months or worse it could have protruded through. I also had lots of cramping for about 9 months. Not for me. I'd do your research before you decided on this. Alot of insurances won't cover it either.
    ainstalshia

Answer by ainstalshia at 3:05 PM on Sep. 20, 2010