Should i work on my marriage after he tells me is so unhappy and may want to leave

tanya351

Asked by tanya351 at 12:05 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• If you love him, yes. Try marriage counseling.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:06 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I would fight for it.

I did but he finally decided enough. At least I know I tried! That doesn't mean yours can end that way.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:06 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• yeah if love is what you have for him then try to work it out talk to him ask what you can do to make him change his mind on how he feels i hope if all works ouf for you
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 12:08 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Dr Phil's book Relationship Rescue is supposedly very good. There is a workbook with it that the couple does together. Just one idea.............
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:08 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• i am trying everything and it is pretty bad
    and i agree with Shaneagle, i am going to leave knowing i did everything i could to save my realtionship and our family
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:08 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• been there and imo, doing ALL you can is the best choice. if he wants to leave he will but atleast YOU will know you have done everything
    mrsmostafa

Answer by mrsmostafa at 12:08 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I agree if you love him you should try and work on it, every couple goes threw rough patches, believe me , me and my husband have been threw some real hard times with each other but we have worked it out and continue to work things out it's not always easy but if it's ment to be it will be,... I hope everything works out for you :)
    Lizzybizzy87

Answer by Lizzybizzy87 at 12:11 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Only you know the answer to this.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:16 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Absolutly, you have two choices either work on it or let him go, if you love him work on it. Most people feel that way at some point in their marriage if they are together forever. So work on it work on it hard, maybe try the love dare, that works well, or if you are willing to really do some changing, try the surrendered wife. (both books)
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 12:17 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Personally I would try to find out if there's something that can be done to make him happier. If there isn't, then you really have no choice but to let him go. If he doesn't want things to continue, if he's not happy, then there isn't anything you can do to change that. It's not fair to either of you to be in a relationship if one or more of the people involved aren't happy.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:42 PM on Sep. 20, 2010