Why does an infant's bottom lip tremble when he is eating or sucking on a pacifier? Has anyone had her infant's lip do that?

Svetlana98usa

Asked by Svetlana98usa at 12:07 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son's lip did that the first 6-9 months. It's just immature nerve endings or something like that. It's completely normal and will go away in time. It's really adorable when it happens isn't it?
    nicole_Evans

Answer by nicole_Evans at 12:11 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Because their nervous system isnt fully matured yet. I always thought it was cute.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 12:21 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I agree it is very cute. My mom was concerned about my son/grandson doing it, so I decided to ask the question here to see if anybody else's baby did that when he or she was six months old or younger.
    Svetlana98usa

Comment by Svetlana98usa (original poster) at 12:37 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I think it has to do with the muscles not being strong enough to do certain tasks for long periods of time. For the pacifier for example. It takes a lot of muslce power to suck on one, and the baby's lip gets tired. Which causes it to tremble, which any muscle in even an adult body would do if overused and tired. It'll lessen as they use it more and it strengthens.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:39 PM on Sep. 20, 2010