At what age is my granddaughter able to travel with her father?

My son has a daughter and has moved to the East Coast to be close to her, we live on the west coast. Her mother, will not allow my son to bring his DD to his home, here. I think she deserves to know both sides of the family. The babys mom has gotten married and had another child. When can my son go back to court to get permissin to travel to Montana?

bcnul8a

Asked by bcnul8a at 12:11 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• When ever he wants. A child doesn't need to be a certain age to travel. f they have join =t custody he has every right to take HIS child out of state for a visit with family.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:13 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I agree. Anytime he files the paper work. They should have some kind of custody agreement which includes travel back and forth. The sooner the better, that baby needs to know your family too.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:20 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• He can go to the court anytime he feels it's time to request a change. If he has shown he's repsonsible as a father and can truely provide for his daughter he shouldn't have an issue.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:23 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• there is no age limit. As long as he is a good father there is no reason why he should not be able to travel with his daughter
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 12:25 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• He can go back to court anytime. And he should go back to court and fight for anything he feels important to fight for, but remember that airplanes do fly both ways.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 12:41 PM on Sep. 20, 2010