Freaking out! Please help!

Two weeks ago the city tore down an abandoned house that was third door to us. It had sat empty for about 3 yrs and at one point had a fire. Anyway, this morning my DD pulled my Kitchen Aid Mixer down from a shelf in the kitchen and found a roach running around on it. I have lived here 9 yrs and never ever had such a thing happen. So, now we are flipping out, because we know where there is one, there are tons. What the hell do we do now? Do I have to call an exterminator? I cannot live with roaches!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Oh, my neighbor has seen one as well. We are convinced they are homeless from the house they tore down and looking for new places to set up house keeping.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:18 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Google pictures of roaches. There are several different kinds. The only one you really need to worry about are the ones who live off of food. I had roaches (also called waterbugs but still roaches) and googled it and got rid of them.

I also moved into an apartment that had the bad ones really bad and had them gone in 2 months.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:19 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:21 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Don't freak out, call an exterminator.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:21 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• You can keep them in control with an exterminator, do it right away and follow up every month.

Answer by older at 12:23 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• call an exterminator.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:23 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Call an exterminator, ain't no point in stressing- that's what they're there for :)
    RigPrincess85

Answer by RigPrincess85 at 12:24 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Call the exterminator. In the meantime, discourage them by making sure that your trash is empty, pet food (if you have pets) is not left sitting, wash dishes immediately after cooking and eating, and that anything in the pantry is sealed well.

If there's nothing to eat, they'll be less inclined to try to set up housekeeping.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:31 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• omg i dont blame you, well all you can do is call the exterminator dont wait they are just plain nasty maybe your insurance will help out here good luck ewwww gives me the ebie jebies just tinking about it . sorry
    kriszaz

Answer by kriszaz at 12:33 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Sprinkle Boric acid along baseboards and windowsills.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:39 PM on Sep. 20, 2010