I call my husband;Mr.Roger's,because HE'S a nice guy,who doesn't want to DISCIPLINE,his child.

I think it's unfair for me to do all the discipline.My husband disagree's.He says don't discipline her.Let her learn for herself.If she doesn't brush her teeth,let her get a cavity.I'm really worn out disciplining and parenting her,he doesn't lift a finger--because he doesn't feel confident to do so.He will sit there and watch her scream her head off in a restruant and not say anything to her.

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 11:24 AM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Relationships

• I'm not sure what to tell you, hon. My husband is more strict than I am. Perhaps you could have a professional speak with both of you together about it. Family counseling? Seems this situation is only going to get worse without some kind of change. You can't parent effectively when you two have fundamentally different approaches to discipline.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 11:30 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I'm starting to remind him,whenever she act's up --I tell him to do something.This has worked and given me a break.He'll do something,because he's guilty.He knows he is responsibe for her.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 11:35 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Maybe he just needs to be trained. That sounds horrible, but think of it as job training. After my son was born and I became a SAHM, there was a period when I had to essentially retrain my husband to shange the way he did things. He was used to not picking up after himself, and he lacked confidence as a parent in certain situations. So I told him what needed to be done and how to do it. It's a fine line, though, because you don't want to act like his parent or come across as bossy or disrespectful.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 11:46 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• MY SO IS THE SAME WAY! Its like he doesn't have the heart to yell or scold our daughter. I know I'm strict, but he is seriously lax. If she's into something she shouldn't be (my makeup or something) I'll tell her to get out of it and he'll tell me "oh she's fine, let her play, just buy more" (or worse yet "let her do what she wants"). It is exhausting when you work constantly keeping your children in line and daddy comes home and treats the house like Disney Land. I suppose it is good to have a little balance because sometimes I really am being too strict and just not wanting to clean up the mess from whatever the kids are getting into...but lord, the kids have to have some rules!!!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 12:06 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I heard it's o.k. to have different views with parenting,so the child can learn about relationships better.It's a word I'm trying to think of I can't..so it's o.k. My child knows I don't spank her,daddy does.She knows I'm more stricter,daddy's not.If anything she's learning mommy is tough and powerful and daddy is a wimp.She is learning girls have power too,not just men.She's learning men can be softies,they're not all mean.Best of all,if she has a daddy who's kind and loving,she'll think God's that way too and that's really important.I agree though,it takes two to parent and we try most times.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 4:35 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• since you're not in agreeance with his method of discipline, keep disciplining your child, with or without his cooperation...
    treasured_hope

Answer by treasured_hope at 12:26 PM on Oct. 20, 2008