So, the Recession has been over for a year now? I guess that means

everything that has happened since then is on Obama. The continued unemployment, and the huge deficit, they are Obamas doing. How about the left drop the Bush did it syndrome now?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 12:18 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I would have never guessed it was over. They are still cutting jobs where I live and the unemployment is getting higher.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:19 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• yeah but you know obama is going to say the recession is over because of him, because it happened within a year of him being in office. Who cares though about the deficit and huge job losses as long as the recession is over right? The democrats will use this to their advantage, and it will be bush's fault for the recession, and obama will say he saved us and got us out.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 12:20 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• DId you delete my answer? If you did that is just immature.

I read about this a year ago. We discussed it in my Grad Economic class.

Lovingmama, If he was going to do all that...do you not think he would have already? You make a lot of assumptions but nothing to back it up with facts.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:41 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• everything that has happened since then is on Obama. The continued unemployment, and the huge deficit, they are Obamas doing. How about the left drop the Bush did it syndrome now?

This is just silly. You think President Bush isn't responsible for some of this? and yet I have heard that Clinton had such positive economic growth from Reagan....skipping right over the elder Bush...

Just plain ridiculous

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:53 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I think it's ridiculous to advertise that the recession is over.

It's not in Michigan.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 1:24 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Yeah, the recession is not over on this planet. and it has been a long time in the making.....at least since the Reagan days.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 1:30 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Interesting idea, OP, but you know it will never happen. LOL.

The only people that can delete your answer mom2just1 is you or an admin. If you broke guidelines then an admin would have done it, but the op can't delete your answer. Are you perhaps thinking this is the same question as one similar to it?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:00 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Mom2, were you thinking about this question? 

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/556488/Did_you_know_this

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:01 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• By the way of you believe this than you agree with this?

In President George W. Bush's eight years in office, the United States fell into two recessions. The first started in March 2001 and ended that November. The second one started in December 2007.

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:34 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Oh it's far from over. I've read things about a double-dip recession. The worst has yet to come I think. Luckily for me, hubby has a great job so we haven't been affected at all.
    SAHMomOf3

Answer by SAHMomOf3 at 11:23 AM on Sep. 22, 2010