Do you think it's wrong for a mother to use government assistance (but working to get off of it) to live in a better neighborhood because she doesn't want her children raised in a neighborhood full of drugs and violence?

Or is living in a safe neighborhood with good schools only a priviledge for the well off?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Money & Work

• I don't think it's wrong. I would do the same if it meant keep my kids in a safe neighborhood.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:33 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Not at all. I think that if you qualify and are working to make a better life for yourself, that receiving PA and using it for that purpose is just fine.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:34 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I dont think its wrong for ANYONE to use assistance to get better living conditions...especially those with kids.

That is what it is there for :) I dislike seeing people abuse assistance...but not everyone does...there are people out there who really need it and really deserve it!!!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 12:35 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I do not think it is wrong.
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 12:35 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I don't think there's anything wrong with it- in fact I did it my self, while I worked my way through school.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:36 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

MTM

Answer by MTM at 12:37 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• No it's not wrong. I wish I could get help my son has ADHD, and he is bi-polar and my husband is diabled. I work 2 days a week to keep our heads obove water. I make 120.00 to much a month they said. isn't that a B
    seabrezze_11

Answer by seabrezze_11 at 12:38 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I shoild have lied maybe then I would have gotten something.. U do what u have to do and don't u care what anyone thinks. U are doing what ever it takes to help your kids and keep them alive
    seabrezze_11

Answer by seabrezze_11 at 12:39 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Not at all. There are areas in my city that there is no way in HELL you would catch me living in, no matter how broke I was. It would not be safe. There are a lot of housing projects and all that but when I start turning on my TV and see the show The First 48, and my city is on there time after time after time, the same area...hell no. Now does that mean I can go to the richest part of town and try to live in a 7 bedroom condo? no. but safety for me and my kids come first.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 12:40 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• No youre bettering your situation.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 12:40 PM on Sep. 20, 2010