Should I wait??

I'm due in January, right after all the holidays and gift buying and everything. I'm pretty sure that i'm not going to get a baby shower for this baby because my family isn't too happy i'm having another baby and not married. I want to make sure i have everything i'll need for her. Should i start buying all the essentials (such as car seat, bottles, etc) as of right now? i'm doing all my christmas shopping early too to get it out of the way. or should i wait and see if i get anything for her during the holidays? i really don't want to be rushing.

jolee0222

Asked by jolee0222 at 12:37 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I am in your boat....my baby is due Feb 10th ....so I will get to go through Christmas with baby almost here...so I am figuring family will skip buying for me and dh and will buy for baby :) which is great!

I will probably have a shower at my church though...even though this is my 3rd. My church is really generous.

I have been buying a few things....especially those things that I know others wont know how to buy or are too expensive for a friend to buy....

I went to a large consignment sale the other day and found LOTS of great stuff cheaper! Well worth looking for one of those.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 12:40 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• You can buy it now and then keep the receipts and then wait to see what you get and if you have anything double just return what you bought
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:40 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I would buy the small things now, just little by little..but wait till after the Holidays for the bigger more expensive stuff, if you dont get any from family/friends..you might find a better sale :) goodluck mommy and congrats
    Brittney20

Answer by Brittney20 at 12:44 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• You should NEVER depend on others to purchase your items. I would go ahead and start purchasing the bigger, more important items now (carseat, bottles, breast pump if needed, and some clothes)
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:08 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• You should deg check out consignment stores they are so cheap and you can expect nice things. Good luck!
    joleigh81

Answer by joleigh81 at 1:22 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I will throgh you a baby shower just ask me.
    Sorry for the bad news
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 1:27 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Mos def..start buyings the essentials now just 4 just the simple mention of your familys reaction to this pregnancy..it's all about your first child & u :)..so take care of your needs(& wants)now cuz u @ the end of the day it's still you & your baby(s) :)..congrats btw & good luck

& also try to find some time to Relax..u deserve it
    Lovelymee23

Answer by Lovelymee23 at 1:45 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I would buy it I am due in January also and I already have most of my stuff the only thing I am basically missing is the crib and my son lol GL
    lazo060109

Answer by lazo060109 at 9:18 PM on Sep. 20, 2010