Whats your almost 6 month old eating

Just curious... My son will be 6 months next week. I already started him on cereal and and have done carrots and now are on squash. I'm just wondering what kind of feeding schedule your chilld has for the day.

MommytoBe987

Asked by MommytoBe987 at 12:45 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Exclusively Breastmilk on demand for my 6 month old.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 12:47 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• My little one, is breastfed, she gets cereal and we just started her on trying banana's.
    ktlyn79s

Answer by ktlyn79s at 12:51 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• At six months I was feeding my little one pureed apples in infant oatmeal/rice cereal for breakfast, or I would buy organic/all natural berry spreads to also mix in. For lunch I would usually cook up something like carrots or, her favorite, butternut squash. It's easy to cook, just cut it in half and scoop out the seeds, then brush the inside with some melted butter and (if you want) put about a tablespoon of orange juice in each hole. Cover them with tin foil and bake in the oven for about 1-1 1/2 hours until soft. Take the squash out of its skin and put in a blender or puree it until it is a soft consistency. You can store in a tupperware container for up to 6 days in the fridge and you can freeze for up to 2 weeks and you just take out and microwave. One squash would make at least 4-5 servings. Dinners can be made in advance and refrigerated or frozen. There are several good books out there to try.
    MamaBearsFirst

Answer by MamaBearsFirst at 12:58 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Breastmilk. At nine months now he eats anything!! I usually don't bother with one item at a time. Bananas are my kids first food because I always have them on hand. Then yogurt. After that it is whatever we are eating that I can mash and smash with a fork. After trying solids for one week, but son ate salmon, couscous, roast beef, carrots, and potatoes, fish, spinach, etc.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 1:12 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• At 6 months, breastmilk only.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:21 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I never gave rice cereal since it's constipating, hard to digest, and not needed. My grandson like to feed himself fork mashed organic sweet potato better than carrots. He didn't like banana. Next we tried avocado and he liked that. That was about it during the 6th month besides breastmilk.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:35 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• My daughter is 7 Months Old and I do Oatmeal or Rice Cereal mixed with half a stage 2 fruit. Then for lunch I do 1/2 a Stage 2 Veggie then for Dinner I do 1/2 Stage 2 Fruit or Veggie. Sometimes we only do 2 meals a day though depends on how much she breast feeds or how hungry she seems :)
    BeautyFromPain

Answer by BeautyFromPain at 5:24 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• We do babyled solids. no cereal or jars or purees.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 6:00 PM on Sep. 20, 2010