If we allow God in schools.....

... then shouldn't we have to allow Allah, Judiasm, Hinduism, Jehova Witnesses??? How would you feel if your child came home believing in one of these relgions????

skittles1108

Asked by skittles1108 at 12:55 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It is my child's right to believe in whatever religion he choses to. i wouldn't be upset. I just think that the way **public schools** are lacking with regular education, they should work on that before trying to bring in MORE things that can be taught outside of school.
    LyTe684

Answer by LyTe684 at 12:56 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• BTW, my son attends a non religion based private school. And while they don't really get into religion, they do teach them to say grace before they eat. I have no problems with it.
    LyTe684

Answer by LyTe684 at 12:57 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Last year my son studied about Mohamed and this year they are studying about Christ. As long as it isn't all one sided, I am happy they are discussing religion.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:57 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I would be upset if they taught this shit in schools. They are already cutting out music, arts, sports. If they can afford Religion in our schools then they could afford the other stuff. Religion isn't going to do shit for most of our kids futures when it comes to college and getting a job.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:59 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Honestly, I don't think religion is something that they can "disallow". It may not be taught there, it may not be discussed, but all faiths are represented in schools. A person's religion is not something they do, it is a part of who they are.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 1:06 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I thought there was seperation of church and state in public schools. Send them to private school and it is pretty much what they want to teach them.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:10 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• But already allow those other "gods" in school yet deny the christian God?
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 1:16 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• MaryWolfe, this is the second time I've come across a comment like that from you, and I still don't know what you mean by it. In what way are other "gods" in school? I've never heard of that, and would be interested in some examples. Also, schools should allow individual children to pray if they so choose, at appropriate times (between classes, during lunch, before and after school, etc) when it doesn't interfere with instructional time and/or affect other children.  It's protected under the First Amendment, and explained in the U. S. Department of Education's Guidelines.  I know I provided a link to that for you.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 2:40 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• My child is going to be encouraged to choose his own path. I just want to make sure he's informed of all of his options, and thoroughly educated on them, before he decides which path his is.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:33 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Although I will say that unless my child is enrolled in a class on comparative/world religion or something of the like, I would be very disappointed to find out that he were being taught a specific religion without my knowledge. I want him educated, but I don't want to find out he's had a particular faith or understanding pushed onto him by anyone, if you get what I mean.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:34 PM on Sep. 20, 2010