did anyone

did anyone not get at leat one period 2 months after getting depo

eliesmommy1989

Asked by eliesmommy1989 at 1:00 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Health

• It happen to me. I got a depo in Feb didnt get a period till April. Got my period then Didn't have another one till June. BC always throws your cycle out of proportion
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:03 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I was on the depo shot for 2 years. I spotted constantly and randomly would have a full period. It was the worst thing ever and my doctor just suggested I stay on it since I had been on it for so long. After about 2 years I stopped getting depo and decided to let body right itself. I was off of depo for about 2 years and while having sex regularly thought that I wouldn't be able to get pregnant. Finally, after a year and a half of being off of depo I became pregnant and after having my first baby I have now decided on the nuvo ring. I keep it in for 3 months at a time and usually do not have a period until after that 3 month period. I much prefer this to regular birth control methods and would recommend anything but the depo shot. There are a lot of problems that have come from getting the depo shot, including ruining your chances from ever having kids if you stay on it for more than 5 years.
    MamaBearsFirst

Answer by MamaBearsFirst at 1:21 PM on Sep. 20, 2010