Do you feel comfortable discussing politics with your friends or at work?

I have always heard that discussing politics or religion is a sure way to lose a friend. What I am wondering is if other people feel the same way? Every time it gets brought up I just say that I don't like to discuss politics and than noone will talk me.

2beinsnow

Asked by 2beinsnow at 12:19 PM on Oct. 19, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I only discuss politics with others who have the same political philosophy as mine. I would love to be able to debate issues with someone having an opposite viewpoint. However, the few times I've tried the others person takes it personal and loses the ability to have a lively discussion and remain an adult.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:44 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I discuss politics with friends who can talk about it respectfully. I do NOT talk about politics at work. It just causes problems.
    cdgoldilocks

Answer by cdgoldilocks at 12:52 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Nope, I avoid it at all costs. That's one of the reasons I like CM. I can speak my mind a little more freely.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 1:12 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Thats the one thing that i do not talk about at work,actually both things.They are personal choices to be made in life and I have my opinion and you have yours, and thats that. If I were to talk about it at work, Oh my gosh, poot would hit the fan.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 2:05 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Me and my friends can discuss religion, politics...whatever. But it's not something we make a habit of. We discuss it and don't fight over it. If it comes up...it comes up!
    PoeDunkMae

Answer by PoeDunkMae at 4:34 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I only discuss it with my friends and co workers who have the same views....And one friend who is voting differently than I but we can do so and hear eachother.. she knows she will not change my thoughts/views and I wont change hers...it's a conversation based on respect.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 5:56 PM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I only discuss it with family, not friends and definatly not at work. BIG NONO
    gavrilmom

Answer by gavrilmom at 6:54 PM on Oct. 19, 2008