I need a hobby!

Can you suggest anything? I love love cooking, but I can't cook because there is no one to eat it... What else? (please no knitting or crocheting, I hate those) I'm looking for something a little less traditional.

TessaHoney

Asked by TessaHoney at 1:10 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Scrapbooking, photography, painting, drawing, reading, puzzles, planting
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 1:11 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• scrap booking is fun... good way to put photo albums together ;)
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 1:12 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Photography is a fun hobby. I also love scuba diving - depending on where you live it's a year-round activity! It's also a great place to make new friends.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:19 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• reading
    CarolineDezon

Answer by CarolineDezon at 1:38 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Guitar, Reading, Photography, Or maybe some type of exercise, or a sport.. Soccer, boxing, yoga etc..
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 1:46 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Thank you all for your suggestion. I do read and write. Scuba diving is kinda out of the question as I live in AZ. lol. I like the sounds of photography.... Keep 'em coming!
    TessaHoney

Comment by TessaHoney (original poster) at 1:48 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• my hubby picks on me because I have too many hobbies...i love photography, web design, making hairbows and tutu's for my dd, I also make cakes and different kinds of chocolate candies :) I'm sure there are other things...he thinks that I have an attention disorder because I always have to be doing something.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 1:53 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• quilling is nice and need min. investment and is easy to learn.
    steveiguana

Answer by steveiguana at 7:04 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• toy making, jewelry making, (controlled) collecting ......... plates,teddy bears,cards, bean babies (lol)
    lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 12:10 PM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Living in AZ you have a lot of amazing stuff to look at... photography is what I think of. But go one step better, you can do photography but also learn about digital photo manipulation (via photoshop). That's kinda cool to do too.

Hiking also goes along with photography, and except for summer temps, you can go pretty much year round (well, depending on where you are now that I think of it.)

Gardening?

Or, an idea for your cooking love... you can always cook for someone else... like a senior who is home bound, or a new mother, or neighbors. I know, it gets expensive, but who doesn't love getting home made food? Heck if we lived closer, I'd be MORE THAN HAPPY to help you get rid of some food! :) It would be one of those good deed things, you would make someone's day that's for sure.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll find something you enjoy.
    TwoBrownDogs

Answer by TwoBrownDogs at 11:12 PM on Sep. 21, 2010