Do you lie to your husband about bills to pay?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in Money & Work

• Never. I take care of the bills, and we both have access to our accounts on line. There has never been any reason to lie, we don't keep secrets.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:18 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• No never. He has lied in the past but we have learned it is easier not to.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:18 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• No. Why would I?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:18 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Nope! That is no way to live. One lie spawns another and it just leads downhill.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:19 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Sure don't .. I don't lie to him at all. We pay the bills together..so we talk about all our expenses together.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:20 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Scuba fantastic answer :Never. I take care of the bills, and we both have access to our accounts on line. There has never been any reason to lie, we don't keep secrets.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 1:20 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• DH was always 'in charge' of all things financial. He's a CPA. And very controlling.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 1:21 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• I do the bills, and he just asks if it's okay to make certain purchases (is it w/in our budget) Or I will let him know when things are getting tight (in between pay periods). I have offered to let him look at the checkbook, but he trusts me to handle it. I think it's vital to be open about finances since that is one of the top things couples fight about. Being on a budget and living w/in your means isnt always fun, but more people (incl. our Govt.!) need to do it.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:22 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• No. We are on a budget and both know how much the bills are and how much is left over for spending each month.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:25 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Why would i? It's OUR money.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:42 PM on Sep. 20, 2010