Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

So..your boyfriend smokes weed, but you don't. Can you get in trouble for it if its at the house?? Can your kids be taken away?? adult content

He doesn't do it around them.. ever.


Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Sep. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

This question is closed.
Answers (23)
  • Illeagal yes...the odds of them taking your kids away for it? Slim. If it's not in large quantities and the children were not exposed to it than no, not much will happen. If he's selling that could be an issue. And they cannot seize your property. That's only when the FBI does raids for dealing. I have seen plenty of cases where a parent smokes pot and have been busted for possesion and still have their kids.

    Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:30 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

  • If its in the house,you betcha you can get in trouble!

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:25 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

  • You CAN get in trouble if it's in your house, and they could take your children if you're reported. It's illegal, doesn't matter if you use or not, if it's in your house you are responsible.

    Answer by Scuba at 1:25 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

  • You can get in trouble if it is done at the house that the children reside in, and yes you can get your children taken away. It is illegal... Why would you allow anything illegal anywhere near your children?!

    Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:26 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

  • I would not have such a man sorry.

    Answer by MTM at 1:27 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

  • Yes and Yes! They can even seize your property!

    Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:26 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

  • Yep. It doesn't matter if they "see" it or not. It is around them in their house. Thereby making you in possession of it. Yeah...tell him to quit or deal with the aftermath.

    Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:27 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

  • Yes I have a friend who daughter is serving time right now because of it and my friend is raising the kids.

    Answer by luvmygrlz at 1:27 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

  • They can only seize your house if someone is selling or manufacturing drugs there, not just for possession.

    How much trouble you can or would get into depends on how big a deal marijuana is in your state. Around here it is not a big deal, and if your man were willing to take ownership, he would be the one charged with possession, not you. In my state CPS would not take someone's kids away over marijuana, but it could be a factor in custody if there is another parent who wants to get custody.

    HOWEVER this all really depends. And it sounds like you are not comfortable with the risks or with your man having it in the house, so tell him to get it out and keep it out. However small the risks are, it's your house and your life and if you are not comfortable with it then he should not be doing it.

    Answer by riotgrrl at 1:30 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

  • Yes, and they can take your children, and I don't think you'd want them going through that. Not worth it hon.

    Answer by zbee at 1:27 PM on Sep. 20, 2010